Thursday, March 11, 2010

CHAPTER 3: Have You Made Up Your Mind?

In Daniel 1:8, "Daniel made up his mind not to defile himself with the king's choice food" another version states, "Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's delicasies,"

As I read about Daniel and how he denied himself the "choice food", I purposed to do the same. In fact Daniel told the chef to feed him and his men nothing but vegetables and water for 10 days. After ten days, the scripture says that the appearance of Daniel and his men were much better than those who ate the king's delicasies.

So I committed at first to only 10 days. I purposed in my heart to seek God and eat extremely healthy to see what kind of a difference it made in me. I lost 8 1/2 lbs the first week. That encouraged me to press on. Denying myself the things others could eat freely was difficult, but I prayed that the Lord would give me grace to do it.

Have you made up your mind?
Do you believe that God is faithful to bless your efforts as you seek Him?

The truth is, my weight has held me back for years. It's what the devil uses to keep me from fulfilling God's destiny for my life. I will no longer allow him reign in this area. May Christ be glorified in some way as I am obedient to Him. May Jesus give you the encouragement you need to give Christ control over whatever your weakness is as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment