Saturday, March 13, 2010

CHAPTER 5: A New Point of View

Luke 1:53 "He has filled the hungry with good things..."

Ezekial 18:7 "He has given His bread to the hungry."

Psalm 107:9 "For he satisfies the longing soul and fills the hungry soul with goodness."

These scriptures cause me to evaluate the type of hunger that is most important in my life. Sure my stomach growls like everyone elses. It beckons me to the pantry to see what might satisfy the longing in my gut. However, there is a spiritual need in my life that is FAR more important. God longs to satisfy my spiritual hunger as I feast on His Word.

So the challenge is to desire HIM over having my physical hunger satisfied.

Jesus is acquainted with hunger. In Luke 4:3, the devil played on His hunger. Jesus fasted for 40 days and that's when temptation came.

The devil can take advantage of your hunger too. So be careful

Matthew 4:1 says that after 40 days and nights of fasting Jesus was left in a state of extreme hunger. Jesus had prepared himself for this test by praying. If Jesus needed prayer to overcome temptation, then we certainly do.

John 5:4 "Whatever is born of God, overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world...our FAITH!"

We must pray, have faith, and believe that through the power of the Holy Spirit, we can overcome in every area of weakness!

No comments:

Post a Comment