Thursday, April 14, 2011

Where have I gone?

Today was the day. I had to stop an ask directions. Yes, I'm still on the journey, but I got so comfortable with my "cruise control" on that I lost my way for a little while.
Just like losing your way on a trip costs both time and money, my wondering has done the same. I've wasted time that I could have been making progress, and it's cost me as well. I have gained 12 pounds while I've been side-tracked. That means the 44 pounds I had lost from March to November of 2010 is now at 32 pounds of weightloss.

I thought of calling it defeat and throwing in the towel...but how would that glorify God? NO WAY!!! Just because people lose our way sometimes doesn't mean they can't reach their destination. SO looking back at my first blog on the Israelites wanting to go back to Egypt, I now look at another characteristic of those "God-Chosen" people...their tendancy to wander. I can really relate to those guys!

I do have a destination, that hasn't changed. I plan on reaching the "Promise Land". So this morning I decided to stop and ask directions. I've known I needed to for quite a while now. I was waiting until I felt like doing it. Obviously, that's not going to happen. So I prayed this morning that I would do what I needed to do even though I don't feel like it. Otherwise ALL my weight will come back on. My poor knees can't tolerate that!

SO I will commit myself to the follow 4 things in order to start out again on this journey and be lead by the HOLY SPIRIT instead of what I "feel like" :

1. Spending Alone Time with God - "Oh God, You are my God. I will earnestly seek You; my soul thirsts for you; my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water." Psalms 63:1

2. Depending on the Holy Spirit to Give me Strength -"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." Isaiah 40:29

3. Enjoying the Journey - Everyday is a gift! "Be strong and take heart all you who trust in the Lord." Psalm 31:24

No comments:

Post a Comment